4.06.2011

19 or 21?

The Anchorage Daily Blues ran this report that an Alaskan lawmaker wants to make it so servicemen (not SHS Cougar grads but military folks) under the age of 21 can legally drink alcohol in the state. He's getting some flak for it because it threatens our millions in highway funding and MADD will probably ask he be beheaded. Maybe if every state joined in the feds would have to fork over the asphalt funding anyway.

I think it is a step in the right direction but then what about firefighters, cops, bouncers at The Bush, and of course commercial fisherman who also have risky jobs and have earned a beer at 5pm every day. I'd say change the drinking age to 19 so we are in line with the Canadians to our east but if there has to be restrictions then just allow the females. OK, I can't believe I'm going to say this but I take that back. I'm not sure there would be anything more annoying than a drunk chick a year out of high school saying oh my gawd oh my gawd in Tony's all night. Of course they might go for the idea that 39 is the new 23.

Blog Archive