9.06.2008

UPDATE: Evader Scooter

As of today I have racked up 319 miles on the scooter and still have a quarter tank of gas in my car that I last filled May 4th. My goal now is to milk this remaining petro to 4 Octobre before visiting Gas-N-Go.

I'm backing off my big idea about walking to work every other day this winter but I'm looking at pulling a rabbit from Dr. Hans hat in the form of studded mountain bike tires. Yes, I've implied he's a fool for riding a bike on ice and now I'm going to do the same. I'm an idiot.

MCEV no longer carries the Evader Rally or EV1000 bikes and is now selling four rides by e-moto.

$2300 for the e-moto Retro, much lower than the 3K they wanted for my Chinese Chopper. The e-moto Classic is a 2000 watt motor version with a 40 mile range and goes for $3100. Might have to try it out when I'm down there next week, might be quicker than mine. I recall they showed me a similar scooter but it didn't have a VIN and thus wasn't exactly legal to roll down Selief. Since it can't outrun Max the KPD German Shepard I'd make sure you could license it before buying.

What caught my eye on the electric vehicle site wasn't a bike but a truck.



Based on some French car it is called the Mega Truck and is made by Columbia CarPar Corp. Once again it ain't fast but the 50 mile range isn't bad. Stars at $16,000. Probably not great for hauling crab pots back to the yard. Not my problem.

My real problem is waiting for 2010 when the Big Three release some plug-in cars. Oh, that's Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, not those guys in Detriot that failed to evolve. The car now at the top of my radar is the Toyota iQ which could be coming stateside as a hybrid someday. Some day.


It is small. Nine and a half feet long. No mileage stats yet. McNick likey. I could fit two of these in the Penthouse garage. One for me and one for my new GF Carrie Underwood who has replaced Mrs. Palin as my eyes-closed life-partner.


I couldn't take the media heat and sent her back to Todd. IN MY MIND! Joseph Dirt Palin-Johnston is leading my Name Bristol Palin's Baby contest. If its a girl I'm going with M-16 or Def Lepard. Or Lorna.


Blog Archive