1.31.2008

Even Quicker Orpheum Update: Alvin and the Chipmunks

It might be time for a career change. I attempted suicide three times during this movie: once with a pocket knife and twice by overdosing on popcorn butter (I inject in my eyelid so it goes straight to MY BRAIN). Perhaps the longest 90 minutes of my life not at an airport or ordering at the old KFC. The CGI chipmunks were better than the dragons in Eragon but that was about it. His Name Is Earl played Dave and Richard Gere played himself for the orgy scene. The maid was the VERY hot but she was on screen about three seconds tops. Plus it was a Christmas flick. F-word/Humbug. And yes, the villan was bald. The oppression and stereotypes continue. On top of all this there were only two previews with one, as always, for The Golden Compass. I'd like to see it but Craig, Daniel Craig is in it and word is he can turn straight men gay faster than 50 pounds of tofu. I'd write more but I don't have internet at home still so my telepathic powers only work for a paragraph.

Side note: If you heard any JOTR previews claiming I'm "award-winning", they are false. I did get a sportsmanship trophy in Little League in 1982 when I played for Brechans but nothing to do with journalism. My head hurts.......

Blog Archive