11.26.2007

Quickie: Soccer @ Qwest


After defending soccer from The Clarkston last year I took it a step further recently and put my money where my mouth is. Of course if you knew when my mouth has been you wouldn't ask me for money but that is an entirely different matter. Anywho, with the demise of the Sonics and growth of "the beautiful game" I have put a deposit down for season tickets for the first year of the new MLS team to start play in Seattle in 2009. According to the Seattle Times 8000 people to date have done the same (they are only utilizing 24,000 seats for the MLS games and I know it holds 67,500 for 'Merican football), I'm sure for different reasons than myself. And what are my justifications?

1. I'm gambling this will work out and I can scalp the tickets someday for enough to pay for my Seahawks tickets in the same facility.

2. Plus I want to buy my seat so no second class soccer ass touches it.

3. I might be able to befriend minority owner Drew Carey and maybe he can get me in the Playboy Mansion.

4. Mexican chicks like soccer. I like Mexicans chicks. Simple formula.

5. Another excuse to go south (or stay south).

6. I'm like half English so I kind of have to like soccer even if I don't.

7. I'm cheap. The tickets are cheap. Simple formula.

8. Portland doesn't get an MLS team. (But they still have an NBA team. Damnit.)

9. Soccer MILFs.

10. Derek hates it.


Deposits are $50 for season tickets and rumored they will start at $200 for all home games, about 17 as it stands now. CLICK HERE to join me. I'm still backing The Sasquatches as the team name and the liberation of the local NBA mascot should take place before he's taken to Oklahoma, force fed grits and gang raped by roughnecks.



Blog Archive