5.01.2011

16Volt: Cut Collector LIVE



A year ago I drove up to Vancouver, BC from Seatown and knocked out something from the top of my bucket list when I finally saw 16Volt rock the stage. Well last week I got a second chance to see them as they had a record release party in Portland for their latest album, Beating Dead Horses. Like I said, I'm staying hush on my time in Portland but this show was one of the highlights. I'd paid extra for VIP access which in the end didn't turn out as expected but I did get a couple free t-shirts and got to talk with Eric Powell for a few minutes again. He lost hella weight! Well done, brother. I also got a copy of the new album and rocked that schmitt all they way back up I-5. It will be available May 10th.

The above video is of the last song they played that evening which as my stalkers will tell you was the song from my KMXT All Time Top Five. They played a few tunes from BDH but mostly the guitar heavy classics. I didn't record as much this time because I wanted to enjoy the show rather than stand there still with a camera in a pack of goth punks. Yes, I was the only one not head to toe in black.

Blog Archive