Crud. Now I have a problem decided between the camera the chick surfer was selling and this one by Contour. You'll notice a map on the right. This model comes with a GPS and can create a track of where you were when downloaded but that's not a feature I'm interested in. I need something waterproof and this requires a separate case for that. Idunno. I've read hours of side-by-side comparisons and still have no clear cut winner.
12/13/10 UPDATE: I bought this one. REI had it on sale plus I had some credit with them so price became a prime factor in my choice. Also, I tend to do everything 720@60f and this model does that in wide angle at 135 degrees while the other gets a tad fish eyed at the same rate at 170 degrees. If I did more 1080 stuff I may have gone the other way. Stay tuned for a test video before Xmas.
12/13/10 UPDATE: I bought this one. REI had it on sale plus I had some credit with them so price became a prime factor in my choice. Also, I tend to do everything 720@60f and this model does that in wide angle at 135 degrees while the other gets a tad fish eyed at the same rate at 170 degrees. If I did more 1080 stuff I may have gone the other way. Stay tuned for a test video before Xmas.