12.05.2010

Ring of Honor: Big Walt

I haven't Hawkblogged much this year but with two minutes left in the first half of today's game everything was halted. Or Walt-ed. A black sheet in the rafters was lifted with a massive JONES 71 revealed as Walter Jones became only the third Seahawk to have his number retired (Largent's 80 and my 12). El Sandinista got a lil weepy. Might have to make that trip to Canton in five years for his induction. Such a deserving, humble dude. I'm so pissed I couldn't be at Qwest today.

And this is awesome too.
Seattle Times: Former Seahawk left tackle Walter Jones and his family watch as highlights of his career were played for the crowd at Qwest Field during his jersey-retirement ceremony on Sunday, December 5, 2010, in Seattle, Wash. With Jones are, from left, his son, Walterius, daughter, Waleria, and Jones' mother, Earline Jones. Jones played for 13 seasons in Seattle and appeared in nine Pro Bowls.

Blog Archive