9.30.2010

Blue and Gold But I'm Too Old



It is finally becoming normal to me to see goalposts stuck in the infield of the Baranof Park although I don't dream about the big "what if" anymore. In sixth grade our language arts instructor, Mr. Jaynes, had us write letters to ourselves that were mailed our senior year. I had predicted we'd have football but I was just off by about 12 years. I also though I'd be going to U-Dub and instead ended up at Hippy State. Damnit.

Had I played I would have broke my leg in the second game and limped around like Big Daddy Kane. Wait, that's pimped around. My bad. Yet I'm more bitter we didn't have KHS baseball back in the day so I wouldn't have had to settle for hurdles and batons. Soccer would have been better than track. Lawn bowling would have been better than track. Field would have been better than track.


(And have you seen how much coverage the Anchorage television news gives to girls flag football? They have highlights almost every night it seems. Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing that here anytime soon)



Blog Archive