Guess who I met yesterday? While in Bellingham (and dropping my Plan A) I got a hold of my 89er homie Oh Susie to see if she had time for lunch before I headed back to Sea City. Instead she said she was doing her workout with one former Hawk at his unorthodox looking gym in an industrial complex.
Directions in head, I headed over around 1pm and as I went to the door I passed some people who've totally sweated thru their tees. Once inside of what looks a lot like a typical F/V gear shed with the artificial turf floor and the massive garage door is wide open on this blistering 55 degree day. I spotted the tall special teams master himself, Alex Bannister, or Lex as he goes by now.
Oh Susie came around and the three of us chatted for a few minutes, talked Rock, eating fish, etc. Lex is cool with the halibut and the cod but for the most part isn't that big on fish.
She then told me about CLUB SWEAT on Fridays at 6pm where they kill the regular lights, turn on the disco variety, and bring in a live DJ for a nightclub meets circuit training routine.
After I left to go pick up a souvenir for the Big Carrot I texted a friend who I'd just met and his reply was "Did you ask him why he ran the wrong pattern vs. GB in the playoffs?". No, I did not. Ow. Maybe that is why he's hiding way up in the Big Ham, far away from Qwest Field. Whateva, Bannister was one of my favorite players and the best special teams guy we've probably ever had. GET OFF HIM!
Go Seahawks!