2.20.2009

Seahawks 2009: If I Was GM


Now the icy birdburger is on my other side so I can type faster. So last night I looked at my dentist bill and my income taxes and decided I'd pay for my Seahawks tickets instead. That got me in a better mood about the coming year. The schedule and draft are in April so there is nothing to do but speculate for the next five weeks. I can do that.

Since they declared Hill as the franchise player I don't have to guess what they'll do with that so that leaves who to pick with the number one pick. I see four choices.

Malcolm Jenkins: Corner- Ohio State
Andre Smith: OT-Alabama

Micheal Crabtree: WR- Texas Tech

BJ Raji: DT- Boston College


Since I don't follow much minor league football I can't say much about any of them except that I've heard of Crabtree. More than once. And his name seems to be matched with Seattle most often on mock drafts, including Mel Jr., as the experts feel we need a big play wideout like that Larry Without Plummer guy in Arizona. Is he considered that good?

How about this? How about getting Boldin the Free Agent Supreme? You know guys love to go to other teams in a division and put the hammer down on their old team. Like Josh Brown. Boy, he showed us. Other option.....Who's Yer Mama in SinSin is on the market. He played at Oregon State, I can see it. Then we start prepping Seneca to start catching balls instead of throwing them to be the eventual slot receiver behind an aging Bobby Engram. And maybe we let Burleson go. His jeresy is on sale in the Pro Shop so maybe this is already in the works.

I don't think getting Julius Peppers is realistic (and you can't have two guys named Julius on the same team) but I don't see them getting this BJ dude either. We really need to get rid of that cracker in our backfield we got from Cleveland and maybe they do that with Jenkins. Now if Holmgren was still here I'd bet he'd push for the left tackle in Smith and that's kind of who I'm wanting at this point. They could put him at either right tackle or left guard until "71"makes his own trip to Ohio. Canton.

Then with the second pick they get a quarterback. I wish they could bring Big Mike back just to QB coach Matt's successor. I already saw Vick rumors on chats. Anything is possible I guess. Hell, Favre will get the itch in August and maybe he'd be willing to be a back-up. Anything is possible. But draftwise I haven't done the research yet to see who's out there in the second round they could take.

Julius Jones needs to go. I was NOT surprised by what we got out of him last year. Use Duckett more, start Morris, use Weaver at halfback, throw Forsett in the mix, but cut Jones.

And let's just go with one kicker this year, OK?

And why do all our home games suck? The Lions? Jacksonville? Yawn.

And should I bring back the Capt. Nick outfits?

Go Seahawks!

Blog Archive