1.20.2009

StupidBowl XLIII


Are you kidding me? Or this guy? I have to pick between the team that beat us in the MafiaBowl three years ago and our doormat rivals from the desert? I didn't watch the second half of the Broncos-Packers and never saw Titans-Rams so maybe I can skip this one too. Seriously. My season basically ended in November, football is dead to me. But as an 'Merican it is my civic duty to tune in in two weeks to get excited about the corporate giants advertisements and the E Street Band at halftime. So if I'm going to watch I might as well wager on a winner.

And how much did they pay for that Super Bowl logo design? I think the dude who came up with the Browns helmets could do a better job.

Arizona vs. Pittsburgh -7

Reasons I Can't Take Pittsburgh

1. I know so many lame arse Steelers fans. I chewed out a kid in front of an elementary school for being such a coward and wearing his black and gold shirt for the first time all year. This child should be left behind, f-wording pussy. And I'm really speaking to the fans of my generation who have never stepped foot in Pennsylvania and think that's the state Dracula comes from. They live in the northwest their whole lives, have relatives in Seattle, have partied there, yet cling to their early pre-pubes bandwagon roots of the late 1970's. They probably rooted for the Soviets in the 1980 hockey game too.

2. They already have five rings. Greed is what has brought this country to its knees. I bet the Rooney Family was involved in Enron somehow.

3. The Denial of Kordell Stewart. Nothing makes Steelers fans more defensive when you mentioned the most famous in-the-closet NFL quarterback of all-time. Under all the yellow towel waving is a deep homophobic undercurrent and self hatred directed at Slash. I accept the Colorado standout as he is and if he'd been a Seahawk I wouldn't pretend he wasn't part of the family. Shame of you bigoted Bradshaw believers.

Reasons I Can't Take Arizona

1. They are our rival. You can't support a team you battle to the death twice a year. You just can't. Its the same level as you can't have two favorite teams. The thought of the Cardinals winning a Super Bowl before Seattle makes my blood boil, I feel the effects of the gamma rays kicking in as I type.

2. The Thumpers will give Gawd all the credit if they win and so will Kurt Warner, shunning the rest of the 9-7 squad for JC and the Afterlife Band. 95% of the base of the Republican Party is pulling for Zona. Believe it.

3. They don't have any fans. Name one. How does a team with a brand new stadium, considered by some the nicest on the face of the Earf, barely sell out a playoff game? They should have never left St. Louis. Look how long it took them to make the Rams suck when they could have kept the Cards and skipped the middleman.


Having said all that I'll probably go with the Steelers because I like the way they run their organization; cutting guys at the right time and not giving in to huge contract demands. For the record once again I don't blame them for Super Bowl XL, they didn't make the calls, the Gotti trained zebras did. I'm having a hard enough time accepting Arizona is in the game, I couldn't handle them winning it all.

Nick's Pick: STEELERS

Blog Archive