10.14.2008

Quickie: Scooter Season Ends

Well I'm a major wuss and don't like riding two wheels on black ice in the dark so I started using my car again on a regular basis. So today I finally had to put gas in my car. May4th to October 14th on one tank. It can be done. Next year I'll have the scooter in April and can shoot for six months instead of five. I logged 385.5 miles on the electric transporter and estimate I saved $500 in gas. If you do the math that doesn't make sense but I drove way less on the scooter because it was limited by how far it could go and what roads I could take. No trips to the Fiddlin' Flats. Of course now I really want an electric car more than ever and wish I was mechanically nontarded enough to convert a Neon or PT Cruiser although plug-in hybrids look like the best way to go. After checking the Casey-less Kelly Blue Book I discovered my Suby's value isn't as high as hoped so I'm reducing my asking price to $11,500, down from 14k.

Blog Archive