I got the call last week for my butt spot but I didn't get this done until today. A dude named Will called me from the Sounders to pick the location of my seats for the 2009 MLS season. My first and possibly last. Like I said before, the open seating in Section 122 prevented me from getting my Seahawks seats. Will seemed to agree with me when I thought the open seating concept might get a bit chaotic when wannabe hooligans starts arguing over who is seated where as sometimes broke out in the benches of the Hawks Nest when I sat there. I went with Section 143 Row M Seats 6-7 for Chef Boy and I. Of course that is the cheapest area at $16 a game. The same seat costs $65 when it is football with helmets and pads. They be on the north side in the corner, kind of the opposite of where we normally are (south and centered). It has good access to the parking lot that side of Qwest and lessens the walk to Pioneer Square for suds and honeys.
The other big news recently was they debuted the team uniform, or at least the jersey. I think Drew Carey reads my blog because it is exactly what I wanted, the reverse of the Seahawks colors; primarily green with blue accent. In true Seattle style they got a local company, Mircosoft (horrid porn name but works for computers), to be the main sponsor. The jerseys will read "XBOX 360 LIVE" on the front and when you think about it, the uniform is the same color at the cases their video games come in. Hummmm. So corporate. So where do you buy this jeresy at? The Seahawks on-line pro shop of all places. In fact my boy Will is a Seahawks ticket rep. Adidas has the jersey rights. I won't stop rockin' til I retire!
Lastly, word is Sounders FC have offered Thierry Henry a $10 a year contract. Who? Ya know the ad for razors with Tiger, Federer, and some guy. He's the some guy. The some guy for Barcelona FC right now. Has to be better than the Bosworth deal. In the MLS, teams can sign one player outside the salary cap, which is how Beckham cashed in to play in the minors. An interesting concept, indeed.
The other big news recently was they debuted the team uniform, or at least the jersey. I think Drew Carey reads my blog because it is exactly what I wanted, the reverse of the Seahawks colors; primarily green with blue accent. In true Seattle style they got a local company, Mircosoft (horrid porn name but works for computers), to be the main sponsor. The jerseys will read "XBOX 360 LIVE" on the front and when you think about it, the uniform is the same color at the cases their video games come in. Hummmm. So corporate. So where do you buy this jeresy at? The Seahawks on-line pro shop of all places. In fact my boy Will is a Seahawks ticket rep. Adidas has the jersey rights. I won't stop rockin' til I retire!Lastly, word is Sounders FC have offered Thierry Henry a $10 a year contract. Who? Ya know the ad for razors with Tiger, Federer, and some guy. He's the some guy. The some guy for Barcelona FC right now. Has to be better than the Bosworth deal. In the MLS, teams can sign one player outside the salary cap, which is how Beckham cashed in to play in the minors. An interesting concept, indeed.