5.09.2008

Quickie: Snack Shack No More


This probably means little to most people but the hideous Coon Field Snack Shack has been leveled. FINALLY! This eyesore has lasted way longer that I could have imagined. No sentimentals either. My most glorious moments of my youth took place on that field and we would enjoy hot dogs afterwards from the Snack Shack but I'm more than happy to see it gone. My numero uno memory of that place was when I had to clean the entire inside with X14 Mildew Remover when I worked at Parks & Rec. It should have been condemned but we somehow brought it back to life for another season. F-word. The restrooms were scary too since the lights often didn't work. Hopefully they don't replace it and make the space available to the moms who never leave the comfort of their cars (unlike the parents in my days who sat outside to watch their children and seemed like they actually cared about us more than themselves).

(cheap shot)

Blog Archive