
That is not a shipping container, that is my dream home. In high school I said in jest I'd own a car worth more than my home not knowing this could actually happen.
Dwell readers and snotty architect/design BIATCHES are familiar with all the hype on making homes from shipping boxes and their advantages: they can be stacked easily, they are damn near indestructible (can stand 170mph winds anchored), plentiful due to our trade def with Reds, and cheap. Some even say green if you reuse one. I'll go for that.
My desire to live in one serves a few purposes, one if which it will most likely prevent me from getting married and keep my relationships less than overly long term. Of course the cheap building aspect appeals to me but the small square footage does too. I figure the smaller the place the less it costs to heat it. Keeping the Penthouse toasty this past winter was a double f-worder with cheese. Turning the furnace off is like being homeless in yer own home. I ain't down, yo. Unlike Brother Hef, I'm willing to Downgrade Downgrade to save chips.
Alas(ka), there is no affordable property within a mile of the "mall" to place my castle constructed of Samson or Horizon rejects. I'd have to become a Flatlander or Monashkintonian and that would prevent me from ever successfully leading a raid on Homer for their firm ones as city mayor (although I may have to make this effort as a mere non-elected civilian).
My desire to live in one serves a few purposes, one if which it will most likely prevent me from getting married and keep my relationships less than overly long term. Of course the cheap building aspect appeals to me but the small square footage does too. I figure the smaller the place the less it costs to heat it. Keeping the Penthouse toasty this past winter was a double f-worder with cheese. Turning the furnace off is like being homeless in yer own home. I ain't down, yo. Unlike Brother Hef, I'm willing to Downgrade Downgrade to save chips.
Alas(ka), there is no affordable property within a mile of the "mall" to place my castle constructed of Samson or Horizon rejects. I'd have to become a Flatlander or Monashkintonian and that would prevent me from ever successfully leading a raid on Homer for their firm ones as city mayor (although I may have to make this effort as a mere non-elected civilian).