4.06.2008

Earf Season?

You can say paradigm shift.
You can say end of an era.
You can say peak oil.
You can say whatever you want but things aren't just changing, they HAVE changed. Things are different and there is no going back. The price of unleaded 87-91 and vin # diesel, heating oil, plastics, food, EVERYTHING is going up in price and yet I don't think most of get it still. We aren't paying more just today, we are probably going to pay more forever. This isn't a fad. It is time to adapt and pronto.

Right now I'm freezing my bloody arse off at home was I've resorted to turning my furnace off 23 hours a day. Its 51 degrees inside. I'm cold. It sucks. I turn it on just for one hot shower. Right after I turn it off and wash the dishes with whatever is still warm in the tank.

I have two new goals for the short term.
1. Keep the furnace off 23 hours a day until October.
2. Ride my bike to work 100 times from now to October (two down, 98 to go)

April 1st to October 1st might end up becoming Earf Season. I want my mommy.

When you combine those with my low calorie diet that makes me hungry (although that's more to do with vanity and pu-nanny than Exxon-Mobile) I really start to feel that empathy for the poor. I'm already looking past summer wondering how I'm going to make it next winter and I'M NOT POOR! Hummmm, or am I? If heating oil hits $5 a gallon I have the possibility that my 30 day Thompson Transfer bill will be higher than my house payment for the month.

I wish we had corner bars like they do in England just so I could go walk a block or two and warm up. I'd even drink a warm beer right now.

Blog Archive