
Last Sunday I wasn't doing much (really) and started poking around the interweb on my magic box here when I somehow ended up at kodiak.org. This site has something called a Yearbook but its really just a place to post messages like "Hi" and "Hey" and "Yo", etc. I noticed a few of my old classmates had chimed in inquiring about a 20 year class reunion. Since that is next year I figured somebody better get this mofo in gear. I be that mudderphutter.
Like an idiot I paid to get on classmates.com, something I never wanted to do but in comes with the territory. There I posted a call for e-mail addresses so I can start locating BIATCHES. Making my task a bit more difficult is somehow over the years I lost my yearbook. I wonder how many of the 130 I could name. I'm willing to bet 50%. Sadly there are people who were in my class who live here who I see and can't remember that they in fact were in my class or their name. It is something I like to call.....uncomfortable. Uncomfortable like that sentence structure.
Honestly, I'm not really up for the task of putting this thang together and hope someone else takes the ball I got rolling. Of course I'm probably the only one of my class who hasn't reproduced and still lives in Kodiak. Once the women find out I plan a 72 hour lock-in at Tony's I'm sure they will be more than happy to help with other events.
The big question is when to do this. The Class of 1988 is having theirs around August 1st and it was rumored it could be a whole week long. For the record, those guys partied HARD and the ones still here still do. Secretly I'm looking forward to crashing their fling more than attending my own. Was a secret, was a secret, damnit. Hopefully the Class of 1998 has a ten-year dinger cuz they had some smoking hotties who should be freshly divorced and I will be stalking them like Jack King on safari.
Anything between Crab Fest and Labor Day usually works since the Rock is almost warm during those months. I'd like late August for maximum heat and a tie-in with my birthday, Sandinista's 37th. I could even go for a winter mixer around Baby Jesus Day but whateva. So long as Howie, Pure Evil and I have some barstool time I don't care.
I can't imagine what it would be like to come back here after being gone for 20 years since I've seen the changes/gradual-to-rapid decline over most of that time. The WalMart will probably have the highest shock value. My bald head and my PBR tolerance might be tied for second.
Honestly, I'm not really up for the task of putting this thang together and hope someone else takes the ball I got rolling. Of course I'm probably the only one of my class who hasn't reproduced and still lives in Kodiak. Once the women find out I plan a 72 hour lock-in at Tony's I'm sure they will be more than happy to help with other events.
The big question is when to do this. The Class of 1988 is having theirs around August 1st and it was rumored it could be a whole week long. For the record, those guys partied HARD and the ones still here still do. Secretly I'm looking forward to crashing their fling more than attending my own. Was a secret, was a secret, damnit. Hopefully the Class of 1998 has a ten-year dinger cuz they had some smoking hotties who should be freshly divorced and I will be stalking them like Jack King on safari.
Anything between Crab Fest and Labor Day usually works since the Rock is almost warm during those months. I'd like late August for maximum heat and a tie-in with my birthday, Sandinista's 37th. I could even go for a winter mixer around Baby Jesus Day but whateva. So long as Howie, Pure Evil and I have some barstool time I don't care.
I can't imagine what it would be like to come back here after being gone for 20 years since I've seen the changes/gradual-to-rapid decline over most of that time. The WalMart will probably have the highest shock value. My bald head and my PBR tolerance might be tied for second.