3.29.2008

Earf Hour


I wish I'd heard about this earlier but today at 8pm is the Earth Hour when in recognition of the planet going in the compost pile we do our part by turning off the juice for sixty minutes. They should have done it tomorrow at 6pm during 60 Minutes. If you thought Brett Favre needed to retire, try Andy Rooney. He hasn't been very good lately. Maybe his Giants winning the Super Bowl made him soft. Now reread those last two sentences doing yer best imitation of him. Fun, isn't it?

It might not be that dark at 8pm tonight so I'm not sure those who participate will be as affected as those down south. I'm curious if KEA will measure or report on any decreased use of power in Kodiak for the single hour for the third rock.

Besides lights I don't have many other things I usually turn on besides this magic box that allows me to write words and post pictures of freaks who make bicycles out of naked women. I could unplug the fridge I guess but I risk the possibility I'll forget to plug it back in. That has the makings of a triple Post It noter.

Of course the worst part after a power outage is resetting all the clocks but I'm willing to go that far because I really have nothing better to do tonight. In fact I might be at Anthony's Bar and No Grill by then. Now businesses would make a bigger statement if they participated. The T-Bar by candlelight might be fun for an hour.

But doing without electricity for 3600 ticks isn't as good an idea as vegan strippers in Portland. Maybe if Evil Tittie Mama Mechele Linehan didn't have all those cow hormones in her system she wouldn't be looking at 99 years. Not really. Maybe all the power Alaska saves today can be used for an electric chair for the former 41/43 Clubbie.

sandinyerface and sandinyerface.com remind you never to fall in love with a stripper




Blog Archive