11.08.2007

Orpheum Update: The Gameplan


Well I caught the last night Rusty had The Gameplan in town and I was a day too early I guess. Of course I was paid to be there by the job I'm not allowed to talk about so I'm not out the chips worth two Raindogs at Anthony's Bar and No Grill. The only star in the film is Dwanye Johnson who is best known for ripping off Kodiak's nickname for his pro wrestling career. No, not Chickless Island, the other nickname. I enjoyed that he played for the "Boston Rebels" and they used actual blimp shots of Gillette and that he's the quarterback dating a green card carrying model. The team also never losses a game as far as one can tell in the film but that's a pretty minor detail. They beat the Indianapolis Duckfarts in one game.

Anywho, his bastard daughter (who is named Peyton) shows up and does Disney crap to where I want to sneak out of the theater and use the $6.50 I saved but can't because of the job I can't talk about.

Of course the formula flick calls for some no name hottie and this one has some latin flavor from the CBS cop show Without A Trace. Love....her...... FYI: Mexican girls rock my world. I eat the hominy out of their cagara. Pardono my Bushisto translatiano.

Cute movie but the bodycount came way short of Doom. The highlight for me was seeing Jim Gray play himself and asked jackhole questions as only he can. I pulled out my 9 and put seven in the sliver screen as soon as he appeared. Then I was told to Be Good, Be Quiet, or Be Gone.

The cameo shot of my hero John Clayton at the press conference was awesome. All praise be due to the ESPN football god.

I liked Spike the British Bulldog too, reminded me of my Uncle John's pet Gilbert. They should have called the dog Peyton and the little girl J.E.T. Kingman. Have you noticed how many kids are named Jordan and Peyton these days?

The Gameplan was released September 28th and made it to Kodiak November 2nd. Not bad. I swear that is my favorite part of these reviews, testing the Orpheum's ability to get a recent movie.

I will now go back to ignoring my blog for a week.


Blog Archive