I left Kodiak Thursday after the Colts-Saints blowout and upon arrival had an Arnold Reuben at The Peanut Farm. I written before on my feelings about that place so in a word- bland. Woke up Friday morning at headed for the retro yet new City Diner and had a burger called the ten80 (rye bread, fried onions, 1000 Island dressing). The massive mirrored metal decor is impressive so if you here someone say she can suck the chrome off the City Diner, marry her. Not really.
From there we hit a flick called Shoot'em Up but since it wasn't here I won't give it the usual review. Saddam-level body count and you walk away with a new respect for carrots. The ads claimed it had more action than Die Hard 4 but if so I'd say not by much.
Stopped by Continental Suby to see the new WRX in the flesh. As in the pics, the wagon was more impressive looking than the sedan. The clueless boy attempting to sell cars said the STi will be a wagon this time and available in February. Because I need another 300hp rally car I can't afford or drive over 35mph. Bet I have one by March '08.
For dinner the decision was made to go to.....Henry's? Yup. Exact same menu as Kodiak's but I noticed the prices were lower on some things however they don't have Benshine so it all evens out. Raymond gave me the "I think I know that guy somehow" look and I should have told him about my idea for a menu idea called BuzzardBait. I'm sure only nine people on Earth get that but its my blog and that's the way its going to be 'round har. One nice thing there is you can get crawfish pie any night of the week instead of just Wednesday as is the case at Planet Henrysrock. It was more watery than I'm used to but still hit the spot.
41. 43. But only 45 minutes. Nothing like last time on my way to The Bay (a future story from the past). I had to catch alaskaairredeyehellflight 164 ANC to SEA. It was about an hour late leaving so I got in at 4am and was basically a zombie that crapped crawfish. Being so late I had major guilt about calling Seattle Homeboy #1 Chef Jerm for a ride so I put cheap mode on pause and rented a car. Hertz offers Miatas and the 350z but neither were available so I cut a deal with 5am Avis Dude for a Chrysler Crossfire. No no no, a Chrysler Crossfire convertible it turned out. I've always wanted to review cars and if I do so here this may be the first vehicle I cover.

Driving around Skyway at 5:30am in the morning in a nice car is kind of like walking around the woods on Kodiak with a bloody pork chop for a neck tie. I managed to make it (live) to the house and to the couch and to sleep...for two hours. Son of Chef Jerm was awake and it was his birthday so it was officially party time.
48 kick ass hours begin.
Showered, fed, run a few New Century Catering errands with my host, then headed for the skyscrapers with the top drrrrrrrroped about 11am. There is nothing driving a car without a roof, nothing. You can't help but smile. I'm amazed there are so few on the road and that most people with a convertible rarely take advantage of it. Life is short, own a ragtop at some point in yer life.
First stop, one of my favorite stores, the Army Navy Supply in Belltown on 1st. Got some new socks. I get excited about buying socks. Buy a Lotto ticket and for once choose my numbers instead of QPing it. 3.1 million buys a lot of socks. Wandered around aimlessly for a bit and hit Mama's for lunch (not to be confused with the Mother Frances Shelter back home). Had the Elvis Presley Burrito, who, like the still dead singer, is overrated and greasy.
Went to the REI flagship store and didn't buy anything for once but sent Elvis back to Graceland in their clean latrine. Standard sophomoric sandinyerface sentence, act like ya know.
Crossed town to MCEV to see if they had any new electric vehicles (the anti-STi). Nope. Next door hit the Goodwill that is bigger than our Kodiak Walmart with a $3 budget but didn't get anything. I actually have bought more at that massive thrift store in Seattle than at Walmart in Kodiak, partly because I hate Walmart and partly because the Goodwill has better quality stuff.
From there I walked seven blocks down Dearborn to church/Qwest Field. Little did I know but The Coug Nation had descended upon the stadium for a match-up with the Aztecs from SDSU. Thousands of drunk college girls drinking from red plastic cups and giving Britney Spears a run for her money in the trashy, half-naked chick department. Until they replace WSU they should call it the PAC 9.5 but I'm not a Husky so its not my problem. Made my way to the Seahawks Team Store and bought one of everything with the 3.1 million I planned to win at 7pm. Just a hat and t-shirt really which is an unheard of level of restraint in that shop for me me me. Peaked in the two other Bases Loaded wannabes across the street before walking back to the Crossfire.
Had dinner at Joey's on South Lake Union because I like the, uh, the the the Bombay Chicken? Got a call to meet with a recent phone interview guest from my radio program so met up with her and her roommate at Pesco's. Couple glasses of Stella and we hit Ozzie's Bar for a couple Hale's Pales. I forgot how good that beer is. The next thing I know I wake up with two midgets (one blind), a dog named Mack, and a chick flick in the DVD player. No, you don't get the whole story.
I said no.
Returned the rental car Sunday morning and had an argument over the rental fees with an Avis employee who already had a black eye (working on a second) First Rule of Fight Club.....Anywho, Chef Jerm snagged me from the airport and we jumped in the FAN VAN to lowride, tailgate, and get our Seahawk on. Of course I'm no longer Nick at this point, I'm The Captain, a loud white boy who high fives hundreds of strangers and preaches the importance of home field advantage. The only downside to the pre-game was the club across the street no longer had the big production it did last year. No Softie. No DirecTV. No NO LIMIT GIRLS?!?! Not just a sad day in Seattle, a sad day in America. One of the best pre-games parties ever, dead at such a tender young age.
You ever have one of those dreams where you wake up and you don't want it to end? You go to bed the next night hoping to pick up where the dream ended that morning? What if you could buy that ability to have the perfect dream? What if that was possible? And what if it wasn't a dream but real?
THAT is what walking into Qwest Field is like, like a reoccurring dream, like a reoccurring perfect dream. Tampa never stood a chance. I forget who I said this to when it was 0-6 after the first quarter but I simply stated "I will be 0-9 at halftime and we'll win 21-9". Seahawks 20, Bucs 6. Seattle has not lost a game I've been at in Seattle since 2004. I am them. They are me. We are one. We are 12. We are 68,000. We are one.
Back to SEATAC by 8pm and home again home again by 8am Monday.
Then back again by October 14th. Go Seahawks!