Well I survived my 36th birthday, one of the best I've ever had with lots of friends and PBR. I felt.......special. But nothing is ever perfect and as is often the case the source of spoilage for a Saturday morning was at The Mecca. I've done well this summer avoiding that pigsty with no visitation since April but following an offer of free fries we wondered inside "Hell" (and I'm far from the only Kodiakian who refers to that joint as Hell) around 3am. My homeboy The Shwanee holds the current record of avoidance dating back to 2000 or 2001.
I've been to Hell a lot over the past 15 years and I've really never had a bad incident with the staff. I've known many many good people who have worked there serving overpriced Budweiser and enduring the most repetitive cover band in North America, 302. They are the only band I've seen where people wait for the DJ to come back to dance but as bad as three-no-two is they are nowhere even close to as bad as the ownership. This couple treats patrons like absolute sha-hit and last night was a perfect example.
My friend was escorted out three months ago for complaining that a soda costs $3. Yes, $3 for a soda in a bar. Its $1 most places if anything at all if its late and the bartender is kind enough to assist with the first steps towards sobriety. So anyway, the female owner working the back bar spots my friend and calls security to have him booted out again although he hasn't said a peep the entire time we've been there. So we all leave. Just like we did when The Shwanee was asked to move from the bar because he was drinking water after spending a grip in that mudderphutter six or sever years ago.
And these are just two of billions of bad moves on the parts of Mr. and Mrs. F-Tard. Weekend warriors, the time has come to end the Mecca's greed, abusive attitude, and stranglehold on Kodiak after hours. The boycott starts now. Go the The B, go to The Villagio, even go home, but DO NOT go to the Mecca. Not for a weekend, not for a month, DO NOT EVER GO EVER unless it changes ownership.
And what's up with the name Mecca? Why is a bar named after an Islamic holy city, a city is Saudi Arabia, the country of the 9/11 hi-jackers? Doesn't seem very American to me nor does it seem respectful towards the Muslim faith. I think they should call it Porky's instead.
Please feel free to post yer crap-like experiences and observation of Hell. Shalom.