4.02.2011

Orpheum Update In Absentia: Sucker Punch



It would me wrong of me not to review this film even if I didn't see it at Rusty's Funhouse. I paid $7.50 which is the early bird discounted price to see this film I really knew nothing about but the chick looks thermonuclear hot and I saw a clip of some WWII action on a TV commercial. Good enough for me.

I can sum up this movie pretty easy. If you are a human female you will hate it and you shouldn't waste yer time. If you are a dude under the age of 25 but not so young you shouldn't be reading this website you will probably have to go to the hospital after four hours. If you happen to be old (that's anyone over 39 years, seven months in age as of today) you should get this on DVD and kiss the lil blue pills goodbye.

That said, it was the best worst movie I've ever seen. Or maybe the worst best. Can't decide. Either way, Scott Glenn's character sucks. He's like a Vulcan on Prozac or something like that with one liners that barely have anything to do with the movie but maybe the movie is so bizarre it doesn't matter. But Malcolm Scott was excellent as the cook, whoever he is. Oscar worthy.

They actually have a line in the movie to state the main character, Baby Doll, is 20 years old. I think the director could have gone to jail if they'd left this out. OK, I exaggerate.

Steampunk zombie Nazis.

Bjork. And again. And again.

The dance you never see.

Robots w/out Will Smith.

40' metal ninjas.

More weapons than the Libyan Crips.

And one more thing....

Wet dream meets video game meets Twilight Zone. You kinda have to see this movie to believe it yet I don't recommend it either. So torn. So horny. If we somehow end up with a copy of this on the boat this summer I'm going to spend a lot of time in the engine compartment hammering something.

Blog Archive