4.10.2011

Alial Fital

This downtime between seasons has been pretty boring. It's a lot like being a millionaire but without the money. I've wondered at times what professional athletes do when they retire and have all that money. Two Seahawks players have been posting links on websites lately to promote the post career business of an ex-teammate who got into the alpha dog business of designing men's clothing. Huh?

Gibran Hamdan, who if I recall had the claim to fame as was one of the first players of Middle Eastern descent in the NFL, jacked his wife's sewing machine one day and before you know it he's designing polos for Matt Hasselbeck. The shirts are made in NYC and he comes up with new versions from his pad in Minnesota. And you need an NFL salary to buy one but if they make me look like less of a deck animal and make the Hanes for Her moist in the middle then I'll take two. I'll admit they are kind of sharp. They look better than his 58.3 NFL career passer rating based on one completion in 2003 (dude played in Canada last year).

He gives them names. The Poet, Said A Blade of Grass, The Whale and The Butterfly, and various other random tags to his creations. I think the pink one should be called The Cutler or Terry Haines' iPod and I insist he makes one called John Clayton's Brain. I'm pushing for a black polo with silver collar called The F***tard. How about one with some neon green trim called El Sandinista? The company name is Alial Fital which is his parents names spelled backwards. He also sells marine radars.

Blog Archive