3.07.2011

Stripperless in Seattle?


"And he vows to continue his one-man campaign to make Seattle's strip club scene more like Portland's. "They have 35 clubs there, all with liquor and gambling," he explains. "Show me the damage those clubs have brought to Portland."

I've read about this guy before and he appears again in The Stranger. He basically makes a living off suing the City of Seattle when they block him from opening strip clubs. His latest is within 800 feet of a school. In his defense kids go to school at 8am, not pm. And he renamed the comedy club Giggles into Jiggles, easily the best joke they ever had. Plus you can't let the PDX keep outliberaling you.

But I have mixed feeling about this. On one hand he's milking the taxpayers and wasting city money yet his cause is noble. Maybe I can make some ribbons out of transparent material and start a movement to support him so he doesn't have to keep taking hundreds of thousands from local government. April can be Strip Joint Law Awareness Month. Maybe the NFL will wear transparent colored gloves and chin straps to support us. Beats the f-word out of pink.

Or maybe I go his route. First I get elected to the borough assembly in Kodiak and legalize adult entertainment such as this, assuming it isn't permitted. Then I get a permit. Then I successfully pass an ordinance banning what I'd just passed. When my term is up I open "Charlie's" and then sue the borough when they try to close it because I grandfathered in my permit. In case you are wondering Charlie's will be located where the soon to be vacant Kodiak Daily Mirror building is. Get yer half off the door cover coupon in the Kodiak Shopper. Two drink minimum.

OK, now I need to go on-line and find a better picture to post with this. Could take all day.

Blog Archive