OK, there has to be words. This was easily the most draining day since Training Day. To start at 2am after popping some low grade non-Favre quality pain killers I started to feel the sickest I've been in two weeks fighting this crud. It just won't go away but I was beginning to think I might and debated a lil trip to the ER if I left any worse. Going there for a physical reason would make a nice change I guess. But I managed to knock out soon after and woke close to noon feeling better than I had since the fat man came down the chimney and left me two pairs of socks.
As usual I went to the computer first to see if the world was ending as I have ever since 9/11 and sadly it kind of was as a US Congresswoman in Arizona had been shot. I expect these things in this age but still I felt unnerved as if we'd taken another step towards schmitt and fan reuniting to tour the country like the 1860's.
Half an hour later the game started. The game I once again wasn't at kicked off but every TV timeout I switched back to CNN. I'm sure Fox "News" was explaining why it was her fault. I even missed the Julius Jones fumble due to the statement by the AZ governor.
And then the Seahawks took the lead. After halftime I put the politician out of my mind best I could and went into when is Drew Brees going to ruin my day further. Then Beast Mode breaks off eight mudderphutters for six points and pretty well seals the deal. I now consider going to Providence for a tranquilizer. But oh so bittersweet sitting/standing in the living room of the home I grew up in watching so many Hawk games as a kid that ended in misery as well as knowing I could or even should have been at this game. And I could/should have been at the Rams game last week.
And yet nobody shot me in the back of the head at point blank range either. One of the happiest days in Seattle in five years and worst in America in ten. Maybe it's best I'm not in Pioneer Square right now completely wasted hugging complete strangers yelling SEA PIMP at the J&M. Maybe it's best I'm sitting at home in the house I grew up in straight sober on the couch while the country sticks its head into the darkness and decides what's next.
As usual I went to the computer first to see if the world was ending as I have ever since 9/11 and sadly it kind of was as a US Congresswoman in Arizona had been shot. I expect these things in this age but still I felt unnerved as if we'd taken another step towards schmitt and fan reuniting to tour the country like the 1860's.
Half an hour later the game started. The game I once again wasn't at kicked off but every TV timeout I switched back to CNN. I'm sure Fox "News" was explaining why it was her fault. I even missed the Julius Jones fumble due to the statement by the AZ governor.
And then the Seahawks took the lead. After halftime I put the politician out of my mind best I could and went into when is Drew Brees going to ruin my day further. Then Beast Mode breaks off eight mudderphutters for six points and pretty well seals the deal. I now consider going to Providence for a tranquilizer. But oh so bittersweet sitting/standing in the living room of the home I grew up in watching so many Hawk games as a kid that ended in misery as well as knowing I could or even should have been at this game. And I could/should have been at the Rams game last week.
And yet nobody shot me in the back of the head at point blank range either. One of the happiest days in Seattle in five years and worst in America in ten. Maybe it's best I'm not in Pioneer Square right now completely wasted hugging complete strangers yelling SEA PIMP at the J&M. Maybe it's best I'm sitting at home in the house I grew up in straight sober on the couch while the country sticks its head into the darkness and decides what's next.