12.31.2010

Top Se7en Bar Maids 2010 Closeout

After a Mad Max level crusade of mall crawling before Baby J Day I hit the wall after the El Chi's Home for the Holidays party on Sunday coming down with a cold. Not the worst but enough to slow down my self-destruction by liver function. So now I find myself up against NYE without plans or priority at the same time looking back on the year that was. Long overdue is a Bar Maids Top 7 list (formally Bartenders but...you know, I'm sexist and I'm cutting out all dudes). Of course I limit the list so people get left out but as of right now and the NyQuil I just shot this is how things stand up.

7. Amanda @ Da Villagio
Mini Baller took over the night shift recently and has done well in prime time. You'd never know she's down with the Raider Nation.

6. Charity @ Tony's Bar and No Grill
Girl, you crazy. The drinkslinger with almost as many nicknames as Wolfboy throws down the mullet metal early in the week and gives the joint a youthful injection. Like #7, Lil Miss Coastie Magnet has f-tarded taste in NFL franchises (Dallas) but at least she's damn loyal and I can respect that. Now toss the T.O. jersey and get me a beer. Either one, I don't care.

5. Amanda @ B&B (No bed, no breakfast, be-ioch)
Single handed she's bringing The B back from the dead. Amanda is making the Bar Down Thar another Mecca-Free option for the late ones. In fact, she seems to actually enjoy working in that rat's nest. I mean rat's nest in the best possible connotation of course. She's Top Two on the KMXT Bar Power ranking I think.

4. Amy @ Tony's Bar and No Grill
Blessed are we to have had Amy's smile inside the dark confines of Tony's this year and word is she's escaping soon. This youngster has a much brighter future off the Rock and we (I) wish her well wherever she and The Boom ends up. And for the record, I didn't write that on the wall.

3. Sarah K. @ The Bar That Is Little
Sarah won me over on Christmas Eve into Christmas by keeping the Tropics jammin' when all else had submitted to the church. Pinkie and index finger EXTENDED.

2. Delia @ The Bakery
Chick. Is. Awesome. Great service, great smile. Kicking myself for ignoring Scott with a Y's recommendation for bar relocation for so long. The bar tacos also give her an unfair advantage.

1. Darlene @ The Smokeshop......SEATTLE


I'm sorry but you haven't lived until you've been served by Darlene at the Smoke Shop in Ballard. Best customer treatment this side of the Columbia River. OK, so she's not on The Rock but Darlene qualifies as one of my top discoveries of 2010 and it would be wrong to not acknowledge her. And she KNOWS old school Kodiak, the crab days, etc. 7 thru 2 could learn a lot from this woman.

Blog Archive