12.07.2010

F-Word Xtra-Tufs



Disappointed isn't strong enough of a word to describe how I felt to learn this morning Serves boots were bought out by Honeywell in 2008 and are moving their XtraTufs manufacturing out of 'Merica in spring 2011. The Anchorage Daily News reported this in July when I was tendering so I feel like the last to know. 250-300 peeps in Illinois will be losing their job soon and you can bet the price of these pricy boots will remain the same.

We vote every single day we purchase something and I'm campaigning for the good people of Alaska to recognize those effected in southern Illinois and stop buying the brown boots starting in April 2011. The problem with boycotting the company is there are no real neoprene Made in the USA rubber work boot alternatives so I'm asking people to buy up the stateside made ones now and put them away for future use.

If you don't want to support Honeywell at all Dunlop in Ireland makes a pretty good pair but the sell for well over $150 and I don't think anyone in Kodiak carries them.

Video featuring Missy by The Other Nick

Blog Archive