12.13.2010

2010 sandinyerface Gift Guide


Humbug, BIOTCHEZ. Time to get yer capitalism on in the name of The Baby That Stole Solstice. As usual you can get me something but I ain't buying you a damn thing cuz I'm not down wit' the program.

Since learning that the Air Jordans of Alaska were going to now be made on the wrong side of the Pacific I decided to try and find something, ANYTHING I might like that's still produced in 'Merica besides Barbasol.

I get most of my clothes from three places. 1. Thrift shops in Seattle (Goodwill on Dearborn is my spot, homie) 2. Bases Loaded, and 3. Kodiak Marine Supply. With XtraTuf's relocation on my mind I dug around and found some stuff on-line that makes me wave a flag in my pants. Like pants!

The Duluth Trading Company has THESE $70 blue jeans made in Kentucky although I haven't decided if I'm going to get fatter or not so until I make up my mind I'm not going to ask you to drop Palin-book-signing kind of money on me to cover my sweet arse. And too bad but these USAers don't come in fleece lined like my Made in Mexico LL Beaners. Hey, a racist pun! Totally not intended.

The waistline problem carries over to undies. My chunkness is turning my elastic waistband on my Hanes into razor wire so it might be a worth getting a couple pairs of boxer briefs from American Apparel. Made in Los Angeles, American Apparel is known for being like super pro-gay which is fine with me so long as you don't get me the pink ones. Teal works. Orange too. And if yer my new stripper GF you can get these for yerself.

Now if you are feeling rich or you actually are rich there is Seattle's own Filson so I can look like I belong with the Friday at the Brewey crowd. On second thought, don't. I'd sooner wear the LEGALIZE briefs than anything from that yuppy outfitter. NOMAR in Homer is equally overpriced but far more my style. In fact I'll go easy on you and just get me the bunk bag.

I'm good for shoes at the moment although I'd take a pair of New Balance 498's. Some of their shoes are domesticated, others ain't, so you gotta look on the box for Betsy Ross.

I was told Zippo is still down with the red, the white, and the blue, sissy. They made a sweet hand warmer that I'm sure a lonely fisherman could easily turn into a pocket vag by folding an Aerobie in half with some gear oil and a steak. OR I could warm my hands with it. Awesome.

The PEET boot dryer I also believe is made in our country and is something every Kodiakan should possess. Honestly, I've wanted one of these since I first saw one on Afognak in 1993.

But I'll settle for beer. Sarah Pale, Alaskan White, or plain old Sam Adams. You pick but I'm still not sharing.

Blog Archive