I can't believe this game wasn't on FSN last night as the Sounders beat Columbus 2-1 in the U.S. Open Cup Finals. They are the first team to successfully win it in back-to-back years since 1983 Seattle also set an attendance record for a U.S. Open Cup Finals game. No surprise there.
I managed to listen to the second half of the game on-line via streaming from KIRO and have to say it was pretty rad except the English accent of the dude doing play-by-play. Imagine having to listen to that all the time. Wanker.
But what is the U.S. Cup? It ain't the MLS Championship so what is it and why do they win the AFC champions trophy? I guess I'd rather see them with it than the Steelers. That was a Lamar Hunt joke. The only one you will ever see in yer lifetime.
Add this game to all the others I'm missing while waiting to be deported back to 'Merica.