The Anchorage Daily News found this Washington Post piece HERE on a cocktail called Alaska. It's a martini-like mixture that really isn't Alaskan at all: gin, orange bitters, and Chartreuse. It should be called an Idaho. Not for Miss Mouth (Cuda) but for Larry Craig. From the Washington Post...
"it's made from a secret formula of 130 herbs, flowers and spices grown in the French Alps. There's 110-proof green Chartreuse and there's 80-proof yellow Chartreuse, which is milder and more honeyed and which is what's called for here. By the way, the full recipe of Chartreuse is known only to two Carthusian monks who have taken a vow of silence."
More like Don't Ask, Don't Tell or Even Talk. If the schmitt was made from straight Forget-Me-Nots by Ben Millstein I'd say OK but its not. Since I'm not powerful enough to rename a drink that's been in the closet 100 years or so (you clicked HERE above, right?) I'd say we have to make up our own drink called a Kodiak. And what is a Kodiak? Basically its an Irish Car Bomb where you drop a shot of Crown Royal Black into a pint glass of Kodiak Island Brewery's Wing Nut Brown. Serve it. Slam it. Spew it. Awesome. Of course I just made that up a minute ago and haven't tried it. Maybe I'll stick to the old Highliners at Henry's.
"it's made from a secret formula of 130 herbs, flowers and spices grown in the French Alps. There's 110-proof green Chartreuse and there's 80-proof yellow Chartreuse, which is milder and more honeyed and which is what's called for here. By the way, the full recipe of Chartreuse is known only to two Carthusian monks who have taken a vow of silence."
More like Don't Ask, Don't Tell or Even Talk. If the schmitt was made from straight Forget-Me-Nots by Ben Millstein I'd say OK but its not. Since I'm not powerful enough to rename a drink that's been in the closet 100 years or so (you clicked HERE above, right?) I'd say we have to make up our own drink called a Kodiak. And what is a Kodiak? Basically its an Irish Car Bomb where you drop a shot of Crown Royal Black into a pint glass of Kodiak Island Brewery's Wing Nut Brown. Serve it. Slam it. Spew it. Awesome. Of course I just made that up a minute ago and haven't tried it. Maybe I'll stick to the old Highliners at Henry's.