4.16.2010

Teabaggin' on Facebook


I've been waiting for schmidt to hit the fan and tonight I believe it may have finally done that. People have been civil and respectful for the most part on FB but alas the cyber civil war has begun. What we have here is a failure to communicate....with my comments added.


Terry Rensel
Poster 1:
loved the story I heard on ATC today about the T-Bag protest outside Cape Canaveral today where they were complaining about taxes and wanting the budget cut, AND wanting more money spent on the Space Program.

These people just piss me off because they have no friggin' clue about what they're talking about.
3 hours ago

SANDINYERFACE: Nobody in Florida ever knows what they are talking about. There is a reason it is furthest from Alaska. They are on the opposite end of the thinking scale. Palin should buy a trailer in Jacksonville and run for a half term governorship there.


Frank Barton
Poster 2:
As usual, The Poster Poster is dead on
3 hours ago

No. Only I'm right all the time. Actually only the woman I'm with is and if I'm allowed to speak then maybe I am. Segway....


Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster 3 and 4:
that's not very tolerant Poster Poster....wasn't that you who was burning an effigy of Sarah Palin after using it for darts? Freedom of speech, and right to demonstrate go both ways...even if it pisses us off. Besides, you should check out my new Obama toilet paper! It chafes coming and going.
3 hours ago

WTF is this? A shared Facebook page? Are you serious? How 1950's is this, minus balls? Under no circumstances do you ever have a joined e-mail, Twitter, or Facebook set up. This makes pulling Tiger Woods schmidt almost impossible. Yer guy friends mock you behind yer back. Trust me.

And Sarah Palin isn't the flag of the United States of 'Merica. She's just a coug Ashton and I haven't banged yet. That said, burning flags is always fair game. Only Iran and the USSR don't allow it. Is that the company you keep? It has been said a fire not sewn from flame ain't worth schmidt anyway.



Frank Barton
Poster 2 again:
Germany was very tolerant of the Nazis before millions of people died. We arent obligated to tolerate everything. Freedom of speech in this country has never been without restriction and never will be.
3 hours ago

Every single political conversation comes down to a 1941 Rammstein music video. There have been multiple genocides that never get a piece of the action. Ask the Turks.


Frank Barton
And poster 2 again:
What matters is Captain Sig wasn't there.
WWSD what would Sig do
3 hours ago

F-word Captain Sig and his russian crab ties. They have wanted dead or alive posters in Ballard for dat arse.


Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster 3 and 4: Well, when your local Republican extremists start herding Liberal extremists into boxcars, taking away their freedoms, and exterminating them, then you could safely make that comparison.....
3 hours ago

These discussions prevent that from happening. I don't think we should wait until Elefascants start mustard gassing the hippies to talk about it. Who will be there when they come after you?



Terry Rensel
Poster 1:
Actually, didn't I hear the right spend 7 years saying that we were at war and everyone needed to shut up and get behind the President and question people's patriotism? Aren't we still at war?
3 hours ago


I believe you did hear that. But we were never really at war war, just some military bullpen work. If we were at war it would have ended in hours and mudderphutters would glow Sounders Rave Green.



Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster 3 and 4:
It was just as stupid then as it is now.....
3 hours ago

Insert Forrest Gump quote. No, not the chocolates one.


Alannah Hurley
Poster who Likes This:
hmmmm or does it have to be that direct? You don't have to load people into boxcars to exterminate them....there are MUCH more subtle ways of doing so...for example passing policies that make access to the necessities of life, like clean water and healthy food, available to only those that have big bucks..........closet extermination.
3 hours ago


Like Walmart, McDonald's, and Jack FM.



Jay Barrett
The Poster Poster: Poster 1 is right: NO tolerance for these unAmerican Pricks. Boycott the Orpheum!
3 hours ago

Oh no you didn't!


Michael Odell
Random Jock Poster (not me):
BTO (Boycott the Orpheum).. I agree.
3 hours ago

Oh yes he did! C'mon, people. Let Rusty fly his Do Not Step On Snakes in Alaska flags without the grief. For a capitalist he's been very kind with the $6.50 flicks. Movies are almost $11 now Outside.

Jay Barrett
The Poster Poster again:
Bless you, Poster Who Likes This! Well said.
3 hours ago

I wish Ish would come back.


Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster 3 and 4:
Come on guys, didn't anti-war/government lefties burn flags all the time in the sixties? Did they think it was only their perogative? Seriously, as long as you are not violating anybody else's rights, all protest is fair. And didn't Clinton make some of the biggest cuts to welfare and limit access to benefits for the poor? All government is flawed...See More
3 hours ago


So does 3 speak for 4? Or 4 for 3? Is one a clone? She/he/it has a good point but I don't know who is making the point.

Jay Barrett
Poster Poster:
No, Madam Chamberline. They control the media, they are out of control, they are endangering the life and safety of our president and they must be stopped. They are insurgents who have gone beyond the pale.
2 hours ago


I wonder when "they control the media" was first said. 1930? 1912? 1880? Haven't they have always controlled the media? Have the bloggers and tubes allowed people to break free a little more than before? I really don't know. But the Teabaggers are NOT insurgents. They are fellow 'Mericans. There aren't nationals sneaking across the boarder showing up at Harry Reid's hometown to blast him. If anything they are domestic terrorists but even I won't go that far. They are mad crackers who don't like Mexicans, homobuttsex, and aborting cracker babies and now they finally have something they can justify....kinda.



Alannah Hurley
Poster Who Likes This:
Hmmm very good points. Part of me says protest away teabaggers but the other part of me agrees with Poster Poster. The fact that only Lefty President's have been assassinated in the last century makes me worry.....why is this a fact? Is it because "educated" people don't kill people? Is it because the far right is so dedicated to preserving the status quo in...See More
2 hours ago

It only takes one to kill. One to kill a president, one to kill an anti-tax movement. But only one person.



Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster 3 and 4:
Oh boy, this is just as bad as Bush-bashing ever was....seriously, Joe Schmo disgruntled middle-class Republican has become an "insurgent"? really? I'm not even Republican, and feel like we all have the right to express our anger/disgust/disappointment with our govt. Heck, I'm pissed that our home just got over-assessed by the borough. Am I going ...See More
2 hours ago


I'm going to have to look more at the over assed by the KIB thing before commenting. Sounds like something I'd read in The Stranger.



Alannah Hurley
Poster Who Likes This:
key words, "I'm not even Republican" AHAHAHAHA just kidding! I don't affiliate myself with either party either but i hear ya man we can't shush people. Everyone has a right to be heard but like Poster Poster said if you control the media, you are already in a position of power, and you got big bucks your "voice" is much louder right? So are people without ...See More
2 hours ago


I was going to point out the teabaggers aren't the media but I guess they do surf the wave when Limbaugh jumps in the pool. I still don't see how he got a free pass on the hillbilly heroin thing.


Alannah Hurley
Poster Who Likes This, That and Poster Poster:
PS All the big George W bashers WERE considered anti-American insurgents. How could we forget?!
2 hours ago

No, they were just considered anti-American.



Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster Twins:
hence my comment about one being just as absurd as the other...I'm not a Democrat either....There are people on both sides controlling media. Money always talks, and always will. I've never heard of a poor person getting elected to any higher office, on either side of the table. Isn't that part of the "Joy" of Capitalism? If we are truly "headed in...See More
2 hours ago


This is why I wasn't elected mayor. Floyd had the cash off the rentals and El Sandinista just had some left over PFD money that Tony's didn't get. I didn't say slum lord. I didn't.


Jay Barrett
The Poster with the Moster:
Were you fighting for the rights of those opposed to the wars, #3? Huh? There is a time to fight back, and this is it. No more apologizing for the excesses of the rightwing oligarchie.
2 hours ago

No more apologizing accepted.



Josh Fitzgerald
Poster 5 or 6 or 7:
I say give the teabaggers a megsphone. Let's watch the healthcare backlash-backlash momentum build. But as the progressive revolution happens, dissenters will be respected. A political platform based on rage against healthcare and denying gay people human rights is doomed. The republican party of "No" may soon reduce itself to the faint tapping sound of Senator Larry Craig's shoe.
2 hours ago


Nope. People only care about Dancing With The Stars. I wanted single payer, the Dems pussed out, that's all I'm sayin'.



Josh Fitzgerald
Or 8 or 9 or 10:
Or a megaphone.
2 hours ago

Or vagina-ed out.



Keith N Petal Ruch
Poster 3 or 4 or On The Fence:
at the moment, I am fighting for the rights of all children to receive the best education possible in one of the worst recessions in modern times. That is a battle that is worthwhile, within my ability, and life-changing for all of our futures. I am also educating children, mine and others, in the hope that they will be the keepers of a brighter ...See More
2 hours ago

That's better than fighting for hand lotion. Or is it? Hey. Teacher. Leave those kids alone.



Jay Barrett
MegaPoster:
Well do it on your Facebook page and quit being a rightwing apologist on mine.
about an hour ago

LOL.



Deb Corso
Calamity Poster:
Holy shit. I miss all the fun.
about an hour ago

Almost.


Vera Benedek
Wolfmother: This is some mighty fun bedtime reading!

If only so many of the tea-baggers weren't such total xenophobes, intolerant of anyone who isn't white or straight or born in this country, or if they weren't just constantly spouting Rush and Beck talking points, it would be a lot easier to try to tolerate them. But too many of them just spout their moronic and hateful mantras, making it really, really difficult to listen to them. Hence our lack of tolerance.

Can't believe any bright, thinking individual would be an apologist for them, no matter their political leanings!
56 minutes ago



Always the level headed wise one you are. If they stuck to taxes they'd make headway but they have to get Gawd, immigration, and all this unrelated stuff in the mix which kills it. There are plenty of liberals who don't want the insurance industry to get rich and still screw us on this. There are plenty of progressives who didn't want to save GM who can't make a car cooler than Hyuandi. There are enough lefties who wanted to see the big banks suffer for what they did. Having read these 26 posts I'm now positive....

we have been successfully divided and conquered.

Blog Archive