3.07.2010

2010 Seattle Homeshow





So why is El Sandinista at something as unmanly as a home show? Well, before I escaped The Rock and after I sold the Alderwood Penthouse I made a small land purchase in Da Homes (that part of town where Wolfmother lived) for future construction of the Hemlock Hovel. But before that happens I need to figure out what's going in it and what better place to find the latest in toys than the 2010 Home Show at Qwest Field's Exhibition Center.

So as I'm in line to buy a ticket to the event the older couple in front of me turns around and it's former Kodiak residents The Aulabaughs. Weird.

It could be called the 2010 Hot Tub and Other Schmidt Show because jacuzzzis and saunas dominate the floor. The Spa Berry was one of the few that caught my eye and I talked to the dude at that booth for about ten minutes. Easy to maintain, light on chemicals, runs on 110, simple.

Since you can't take yer eyes off it above, that is in fact a video of a toilet that has a sink built into the top of the tank. Saves space but more so it saves water because the water from the sink fills the toilet tank. Not that saving water in Kodiak is a concern but here in 'Mercia people think about things like that. The added bonus of this is nobody will piss in yer sink at a party because they won't be able to get to it while someone is dropping mud or yakking their brains out. Or so I think.

This guy Paul paints tiles into anything you want. And I want a topless mermaid in my bathroom. He said no problem. Consider it done. Salmon are too conservative for me. Since I'm having trouble loading pics I'll do a separate entry for them. Using Firefox for the first time on Mac because I couldn't apply for my PFD on safari. F-worders.

There were two small houses inside too. The one by FabCab that had a lot of windows and another by Palm Harbor that was exactly as I envisioned my hut in the Aluetians.

Bathmasters had the 84" Shaq Class tub I've been after looking for and even better its an Alaskan owned company (Valdez) with a factory in Idaho. Sounds like someone I know. The owner had a few on display and I even go to go in one. It's going to look good with a naked mermaid in tile above it.

The only other thing to treally get my attention was the guy at the earthquake awareness booth on how to prep yer pad for some rumblin'. Hopefully I will be I'll be nineninesixonefive the day that happens.






Blog Archive