Like the Brammo Enertia motorcycle I've longed for the day to get up close and personal with a Tesla Roadster. Friday was that day.
I found the dealership on Westlake on my way downtown and stopped in for a quick look. The rather friendly receptionist told me the have sold 35 Teslas since September but the two dudes who must have been the salesmen weren't jumping out of their seats for El Sandinista. I reek poverty. But they still let me sit inside the Palin Red version on the dance floor. There was a white one in the window and Tony's Maroon one with a removable hard top in the rear of the showroom. On the wall was a bunch of the colors they come in. I'd probably go white because I could go back if I didn't like it. You didn't get that joke, did you?
The one I climbed in was at $155,000 all option model with carbon fiber all over heck. My bones don't bend like they used to (Lil Sandy Jr. included) and found it almost a virgin tight fit but not uncomfortable. The seat was all the way back and if I was 6' even it might be an issue but I'm 5'10 and odd. When I sat in a 2010 Miata I didn't care for it but this was OK. Getting out was kind of sad. I mean, watching me trying to get out was sad.
The nice woman at the front desk told me to come by again and I just might now that Washington is becoming state number 41 to have Powerball starting on today (?). For now my Subaru will have to do.
Oh I almost forgot. Right before I walked I spied this outside.
It only emits duck farts.