1.25.2010

Enertia In The Flesh



I decided to take a weekend out of Seattle and a break from not working to visit my friends Wendi Bell and Pure Evil.

After a short 165 minute drive south on La Cinco I rolled into Vantucky for a Thai lunch with Ms. WB. She had yellow curry, I had green.

From there I crossed the border into Oprahgen and took the immediate turn to Best Buy on Jantzen Island to realize a two to three year dream of sorts; sit on a Brammo Enertia electric motorcycle. I was 143 on the zero deposit waiting list when these finally came out buy don't have the funds for such a toy. This was one of five Best Buys that carries the bike and when I walked in the store they had it placed right in front. Santa doesn't even this good a seat.

But I couldn't cop a feel because there was a guy with a mic being filmed by it shooting a promotional video. I circled the store waiting for them to f-word off but alas they were in it for the long haul. Behind the bike were some Currie electric mountain bikes with one for a respectable $499.

A sales puke noticed I was trying to mount this two-wheeled stallion but the mudderphutters were Jock-blocking me so he asked if I wanted to see the other one in the back.

Yes, yes I do.

The kid was named Nick and claimed to have sold eight of the ten that the store had sent out the door. The bike he showed me was plugged in and being used for test rides. You have to prove you have a motorcycle license to test ride one but I just wanted to put my arse on the saddle and she how it felt.

My 5-10 figure easily put my feet flat on the floor. I expected it to be taller. Even standing next to it I didn't think my toes would reach the ground. It had a cool lil green light where a gas tank would be that is on while it charges. Looks a lot like an XBOX 360.

I burned about 15 minutes back there as Nick rattled off everything he knew about it and maybe thinking he had #9 for his stats. Nyet. As I went back in the showroom the films guys came back. I'm told they were actually sent by Brammo so maybe the video will be on their site soon.

I walked out and back into the rain to go find Pure Evil and Family. Since I don't feel wordy I'll just hit the highlights:

- Went to the Full Sail Brewery in Hood River. The pulled pork sandwich was pretty good but I can't say the same for any of the seven sample beers I had. FS Amber was a staple of mine in Tahoe in '95 and even it seems to have lost its luster. BUT I did have an extra eight 4oz-er of something I didn't get the name of that really was good. And the redheaded waitress was flirty.



- Had a amazing burger at the Rose and Thistle aka "The Rat". Never had a fried egg on a hamburger before but I will again soon. Just not at Dick's Drive In.

- Went to Union Jacks. Twice. But didn't pull my pork.

- Watched Vikes-Saints in a sports bar with enough people clapping to add to the excitement of a great game. Suck it Brett! THAT'S WHO DAT! Still, I'll let out a SEAHAWKS every twenty minutes or so to keep the people in their place.

Blog Archive