2.22.2009

Quickie: Exxon Payment to The Bay


The Highliner has struck again with a PDF post of the Bristol Bay payments from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill. Sarah and Todd are on there with a whopping 500 bucks combined. Not on there? Me. And more so my Dad. MUDDERPHUTTERS! It looks like permit holders got about a grand and crewmen who fished all three years of the window walked away with $365.00. Now I'm not going to get the money I thought I was never going to get. That would pay my dentist but noooooooooo. Maybe there will be a later round and I'll score a few bucks but I'm still surprised we get anything at all considering the oil never made it to the Naknek. I think it was based on the price of salmon going down the tubes after Hazelnutz hit the reef but we all know that was from pricefixing by the canneries. Bastards.

Blog Archive