1.01.2009

2009

I suppose I should make myself some big promises and forget them by April as is custom here in 'Merica Norte. But some quick thanks

-to Cynthia last night returning to the bar staff after eight months away and keeping me fully loaded.

-to Manny for getting me and Homeboy #1's wife home in one piece and accepting the voucher. I never think they are really going to take it.

- to Gatorade.

Alrighty, here's the bombshell. My tummy has been hurting since Soberless in Seattle (which I still have only written half of) and my waistline needs some Lindsay time so I'm shooting for 100 days of no alcohol. That's from now to April 10th, Good Friday. Its like Mega Lent. For Athiests. Who Drink Too Much. Vegas says I won't make it past January 4th based on my alcoholism and geographic situation.

Lady Wolf proposed New Years in Homer next year and I thought that's not a bad resolution. No New Years Eve celebrating On Rock. But right after I said that it turned into a decent evening. Cy and Servent snagged me from the Mother Frances Shelter where I'm the temp caretaker (I've thrown off my parents callers to the house by answering the phone "Rocker" in my rocker voice. The woman at WRCC seemed confused. Put this in the Jackass file under J) around 11:30pm and never left Anthony's Bar and No Grill the entire evening. Lots of young lovelys, no reason to go. And of course McSkank covering Talking Heads and The Police. I can't even remember what I did a year ago but this New Years was really good. Danced, saw a fight that required an ambulance, never stepped foot in the Mecca. What more could you want.
I can answer that but only face to face.

So where was I.

1. No boozahol til 4/10/09

2. 12/31/09 Mainlanding it.

I give you number three which is I'm determined to make this Sweden trip happen.

3. Stockholm

and I want to visit Deb for Alaska Day after her making it sound like the Thailand of the Last Frontier.

4a. Sitka
4b. Road trip to Whitehorse

And my other biggie is the Kodiak High Class of 1989 Reunion which I should get on as I said I would. This is as big as the wedding I performed last summer. Shooting for August 8&9 weekend. Spread it.

I need at least one more.

5.

I got it.

5. Make a short film.

I already have an idea I'm putting together but it needs more snow on the ground to pull it off.
My other biggie for the year could be selling the Penthouse and building my dream Conex home in Aluetian Homes but that's way up in the air. Sell? Rent? Stay put? Stay tuned. I'm also trying to hack into thekokon.com and take over that site, holding this mysterious Ishmael character hostage and liberating Gov. Sex Goddess. THAT IS WHO THEY SHOULD CAST TO PLAY WONDER WOMAN! I'm a genius.

Blog Archive