Now and then people ask how the AlaskaMen magazine spread has produced. Until recently it didn't. Then last week I got my first letter. A second came a few days ago. Suzie gets the letters and places stickers over the addresses to forward them with her's as the return address.
One was hand written, the other typed. I'm told handwritten is more personal and "proper" but I prefer being able to read what the hell people are trying to say. And nobody can read my handwriting, not even me. People think I put the pen between my toes and went for it but that wouldn't be handwriting, it would be footwriting.
So for those of you keeping score at home that is about $200 a letter. When the ratio gets to $1 per mailing I think its worth recommending but so far I'm not exactly blown away by dating's last resort in the Last Frontier.
I guess the right thing to do would be to respond to every letter in some way and so far the caseload is manageable. My other question for myself is how much I'm I going to reveal about these people on a certain blog. As of now I'm saying nothing but if someone drops a pyschobomb on me well I might be tempted to share that with you.
I guess the right thing to do would be to respond to every letter in some way and so far the caseload is manageable. My other question for myself is how much I'm I going to reveal about these people on a certain blog. As of now I'm saying nothing but if someone drops a pyschobomb on me well I might be tempted to share that with you.
Oh, I forgot. A third human female did a Suzie no-no and used an on-line search to figure out my last name and then get me on Facebook. This annoyed me at first but then I don't see why this is still set up for snail mail and like that she took matters into her own hands. I don't hear Twilight Zone music yet.