12.17.2008

I'll Take That (Kinda): Guns

Part of the reason I started this blog was so I could vent at Letters To The Head Mofo At The Baranof Enquirer without getting fired from the The-I-Can't-Talk-About. Recent submissions by the Duke Boys, Bo Jacob Jacobson and Luke Giovanni Tallino (sounds like a designer of those lil black dresses they were at Joey's in Seattle), have pushed me to the brink of risking my career to bust their arses. Lucky for us all Big Dick Ross, Heather Peterson, and others have filled the void and called these chumps on their crap. Tallino's mocking Republican Southerners is minor league satire at best and I was hoping this wouldn't continue but as usual the KDM needs something, anything local to print. Although I'm curious about Michelle Obama's pricy whateva is was he spoke of, a 30 grand outfit or piece of jewlery, Idunno. Get over it, the millionaire with one house beat the millionaire with 12 more, try again in four years BIATCHES.

Today's issue also featured a cover story on local gun sales following the national trend of paranoia that Barack is going to take everyone's bazooka away. I really never paiod too much attention to gun laws and all until recently when I started looking for a new hobby. I hate golf so target shooting surfaced as a possibility. In my long line of reasons I'm the least Alaskan Alaskan I don't own any firearms. Didn't grow up with them is part of it. Being depressed and almost suicidal a good part of my adult life is another. I have several friends who own guns but don't keep them at their own place for this very reason. But since I've been purple pill free for almost five years now and what 4 and of 5 shrinks surveyed would consider "stable" I'm thinking about getting some Amendment II.

But what? And should I go for a plinker .22 for biathlon-ing (without the sweaty XC ski part) and hunt wabbits with or should I go the home defense route with either a shotgun or pistol. Remember- I hate my neighborhood.


Based on an hour of websurfing I'd drawn to the Mossberg HS 410 18.5 shotgun for stopping fools who enter the Penthouse without an invite or booty call pass. I first learned what a Mossberg was my senior year at KHS when my friends were tagging a bunker at Ft. Abercrombie and they got caught by a guy who threatened to go get his they said he was young once and went away. THE SCROLL!


I'm also attracted to Glock handguns but have no idea which size it best for me. I have a cop consulting me on this but I'm open to any input. And I haven't even asked PPG yet, my girl Pistol Packin' Grandma (aka Born in a Bayou). Gun. Nutty. Chick.

However I'll probably end up playing City League basketball again before I ever get strapped but when I re-realize I can't run anymore that gun might look a little better.

Blog Archive