10.13.2008

Orpheum Update: Tropic Thunder


After spending five nights in a row at home I finally got a chance to break out and go see a movie with Homeboy #1 who was playing Prison Break from the Mrs. Had a Guiness before leaving and got there a minute before the lights went out in Rusty's Fun House with a small bag of popcorn that wouldn't live the past the trailers.

Max Payne, some horror flick, blah blah blah Booty Sweat? What the f-word was that? I just got Stiller-ed.

This would turn out to be the most politically incorrect movie I have seen in a long time and the best schmitt out of all time in my book. No doubt his best movie to date. Up there with Borat and Wedding Crashers in my comedy HOF. In five minutes I didn't know who Aaron Rodgers was.

Sitting two rows in front of us were two white haired ladies. We couldn't help but watch them to see their reaction to retard and heroin humor. Homeboy was holding his mouth and punching me in the arm as tears substituted for my laughter. But I think they liked it. You could tell everyone in there thought the movie was funny but nobody wanted to be seen in Small Town in stitches over much of the material. It added to the experience.

There were some slow moments but I was always in suspense for the next off-the-wall angle. And I didn't even recognize Tom Cruise until the credits IDed him. I really thought it was Stiller playing a different character.

But there is no doubt Robbie D. Junior Griffey was the best actor of all. He's having a pretty good year, might have as much cheese as Mr. Stark at this rate. His Russell Crowe in black face was so good/"bad" I still don't think it was him. The irony is he plays the greatest actor of his generation and in reality this may prove he really is.

When the lights came on I saw a local elected official walking out with his TWO KIDS from the most profanity ridden, dick sucking joke movie of the 21st century. Even Piper and Willow won't be seeing it and you know what kind of home they live in. That is, until Uncle Levi slips them the DVD in three months. But seeing a "pillar of the community" with a school aged son and daughter at this thing without walking out, that shocked me beyond anything I saw in the movie.

Doors open at 7pm, show at 7:30pm. Don't wait for DVD, get the full effect of watching extreme vulgarity amongst yer fellow Kodiakians. You'll feel like you walked out of the Bush Company with yer neighbor and ex-teachers side by side.


Blog Archive