8.12.2008

Wheel Cool Sh....Stuff: Kodiak Car Contest


One of the cornerstones of Kodiak culture is the schmitty rust bucket used for general transportation. Like they say on Hotline, "runs good with a Kodiak body." New coasties in town might think someone is selling their wife who jogs. Anywho, I was so bored on Sunday and needed to get my lazy arse outside in the sunshine I grabbed my Olympus and headed thru Da Homes seeking the ultimate Rock Ride. As I headed down Hillside I thought my Members Only site probably isn't the best venue if someone wanted to have a little local contest to photograph crown a King of Kodiak Clunkers. So I'm calling out the Mystery Bros, Art and Ish, to take my challenge to their readers and well as the minority of 'Face readers.

Rules (so far):

1. It can be a car or truck but it must be, or appear to be, operational. This would not count.


2. Pictures must be recent and by recent I mean 2008.

3. Vehicle must be in Kodiak.

I'm thinking of offering a prize for the best submission. Something different that the usual signed 8x10 glossy of me topless, like a can of Turtle Wax or new wipers.

I'll start the contest off with this beauty on Thorsheim up from McCancer's Burgers and Bile. Check out the superpimp dungie buoy on the stern. Custom rust streaks by Mom Nature Autobody. There is something Chris Hanson-is-coming-over creepy about the one, two, three tinted windows.



E-mail yer challengers to sandinyerface@hotmail.com

If this is successful we'll have a "Big Truck Small Wanker" contest this winter.


Blog Archive