Wolfboy and I used some our big pimpin' cheese to hit the Kodiak Maritime Museum fundraiser tonight at the Golden Wanker. Last year's show with Bob King and Bristol Bay canneries-n-sailboats was unforgettable so I had high expectations coming in.
But before anything this was my chance to see the perfectly divided urinal I heard about as you can see in the Flipcam Video above (nine seconds). Maybe I figured since it was the base it would have fancy brass fixtures and an expensive tile divider but really it wasn't near the Picasso as word on the street had spread. And really there was only one urinal so the set up had to be the way it is or somebody would really feel uncomfortable taking a squat.
That set the tone for the evening. We started out minus a member of our party due to "WX" (no R) which also was to blame for the guest of honor and speaker for the evening, Mike Burwell, not making it either. Add to that there was only one of the three Oliver gals in the house. That's why half the people go, Bill. Fix it.
Plus I'm still ill. Getting better slowly but still restricting myself from a frosted glass of all that is good. One more. Heard a rumor KIB prices are going up soon. Damnit. I was just thinking about going can-free and local-only too.
I spotted Everyone Loves Cecil at a table and scored a seat in the back corner. A local dentist AND a borough assembly member soon joined our unaired round table. The enjoyable company made up for some of the above. As far as the overall crowd, no surprises. More conerstones than wannabes, the $50 ticket weeds them out. No chicks. OK, one chick, but no chicks.
The KHS Key Club and the Girl Scouts were recruited to be servers. Suckers! I mean, nice job. Here was Chef Joel "Happy" Chenet's menu for the evening:
But before anything this was my chance to see the perfectly divided urinal I heard about as you can see in the Flipcam Video above (nine seconds). Maybe I figured since it was the base it would have fancy brass fixtures and an expensive tile divider but really it wasn't near the Picasso as word on the street had spread. And really there was only one urinal so the set up had to be the way it is or somebody would really feel uncomfortable taking a squat.
That set the tone for the evening. We started out minus a member of our party due to "WX" (no R) which also was to blame for the guest of honor and speaker for the evening, Mike Burwell, not making it either. Add to that there was only one of the three Oliver gals in the house. That's why half the people go, Bill. Fix it.
Plus I'm still ill. Getting better slowly but still restricting myself from a frosted glass of all that is good. One more. Heard a rumor KIB prices are going up soon. Damnit. I was just thinking about going can-free and local-only too.
I spotted Everyone Loves Cecil at a table and scored a seat in the back corner. A local dentist AND a borough assembly member soon joined our unaired round table. The enjoyable company made up for some of the above. As far as the overall crowd, no surprises. More conerstones than wannabes, the $50 ticket weeds them out. No chicks. OK, one chick, but no chicks.
The KHS Key Club and the Girl Scouts were recruited to be servers. Suckers! I mean, nice job. Here was Chef Joel "Happy" Chenet's menu for the evening:
Appetizers
Smoked Black Cod Quiche in Cracker Crust
(Hey, that's racial!)
(You can eat the shizzle outta my...)
Old Bay Corny Salmon Cakes
Wild Mushrooms Toasted Garlic Pierogy
(as in not Heaven, not Hell)
Dinner
Treasure Island Baby Greens
w/ Sea Water Scampi Dressing
(what my people call salad)
Toss of Penne Pasta with Seafood
Smoked Roma Tomato Sause and Aged Parmesan
(the cheese looked like skin from the bottom of my foot)
Dessert
Shipwreck Baked Alaska
(awesome white shell, borderline art)
Mill Bay Coffee Roast of the Evening
Grappa Belgium Chocolate Truffles
(f-wording mindblowing)

Smoked Black Cod Quiche in Cracker Crust
(Hey, that's racial!)
(You can eat the shizzle outta my...)
Old Bay Corny Salmon Cakes
Wild Mushrooms Toasted Garlic Pierogy
(as in not Heaven, not Hell)
Dinner
Treasure Island Baby Greens
w/ Sea Water Scampi Dressing
(what my people call salad)
Toss of Penne Pasta with Seafood
Smoked Roma Tomato Sause and Aged Parmesan
(the cheese looked like skin from the bottom of my foot)
Dessert
Shipwreck Baked Alaska
(awesome white shell, borderline art)
Mill Bay Coffee Roast of the Evening
Grappa Belgium Chocolate Truffles
(f-wording mindblowing)

This year I didn't get many appetizers but the ones I had were good. Just good. I have never liked king crab in my pasta or anything else because king crab is so good on its own. Nothing can make it better than just plain old garlic butter. That said the pasta was fine, even the creepy slices of Parm that looked like a set prop from Alive. The dessert was better than fantastic. Orgasmic. Megan Fox On My Face Orgasmic.
After chow Sue Jeffrey's spoke about the late Wanda Fields and her contributions to Kodiak. Chris Lynch follered with an update on the Museum's projects and progress in a PowerPoint. Is that what Bill Gates calls his pee pee? No. Like I said, Mike Burwell got stuck on The Other Side and 4 if I were 1 him I'd find 4 something to 3 do.
Sick, sober and stuffed I was out of there in under three hours ending an unusual day that included a man in a bathrobe, a guy named Lawrence Jackson, and a freak snowstorm after week of warm weather. Or should I say.....WX!
After chow Sue Jeffrey's spoke about the late Wanda Fields and her contributions to Kodiak. Chris Lynch follered with an update on the Museum's projects and progress in a PowerPoint. Is that what Bill Gates calls his pee pee? No. Like I said, Mike Burwell got stuck on The Other Side and 4 if I were 1 him I'd find 4 something to 3 do.
Sick, sober and stuffed I was out of there in under three hours ending an unusual day that included a man in a bathrobe, a guy named Lawrence Jackson, and a freak snowstorm after week of warm weather. Or should I say.....WX!