I really didn't think we were going to get the latest Viet Sly film but The Fletcher came through. Rusty rules. If I had camo face paint I would have slapped it on before heading downtown but I did not so I settled for my camo jungle hat and some army green wool gloves. Adding to the special evening I went with my dad who isn't one to skip out on a high body count motion picture.
I was talking to a high school student a few days ago and she said she had never heard of Rambo. What is wrong with this generation? (In her defense she wasn't even born when he was f-wording up the Soviets in 1988 with his Mujahedeen homies). John James Rambo is perhaps the greatest action hero character of all time. This is not up for debate. There will be no recount. I think my admiration has to do with I relate to him so well.
1. We are both mentally scarred by our environments. His- Nam. Mine- The Rock.
2. We prefer simple living. His minimalism inspires me.
3. We both look pissed off most of the time. He has the 1000 yard stare. Mine is at 126 yards w/ two TDs, on four receptions.
4. We are both totally ripped beefcake mudderphutters. Him a tad more so.
5. We have the same middle name.
6. When we get pissed off it can be difficult to locate the OFF switch although I tend to not shoot up small towns in Washington or take out commie helicopters with a crossbow or eleven inch knive. I have enough bills so that tends to dissuade me from taking it to his level.
7. We both like Almond Joy over Mounds.
Hell, we are practically twins.
Twenty years after we last saw him, Rambo is chillin' in Thailand minding his own biz playing with snakes, yachting, snagging catfish Ted Nugent style, probably growing some herb and seeing what ten dollars can get a brother every now and then. So Team Jesus shows up and wants to thump their way into Burma which is kind of like the Compton of southeast Asia. Knowing they just want to brainwash the children and send them to camp in Colorado to play Hide The Pickle with the creepy camp director he says no but changes his mind when they trade him a case of coconut candy bars for a ride on his bowpicker.
Of course they get caught by Burmese TSA with a nail file and six ounces of shaving gel in their carry on and are sent to a different sort of camp where the general likes to play Hide The Pickle as well. Yuck.
Addicted to chocolate now after going two decades with even a Halloween-sized snack piece he figures he can get another box and maybe some Wild Turkey if he rescues them. He does. Kinda.
Maybe you've heard but Burma's government isn't too happy with Stallone's latest. The reason given was that the film lacked a hot chick. Throw Mama From The Train is also banned there but that is understandable.
Besides making a political statement, the gore is WAY beyond anything in the last three Rambos. It was so violent I thought it was a video game. I'd like to see the over/under on exploding heads. It has to be about 53 1/2. It is a complete bloodbath and totally makes up for sitting through Alvin and the Chipmunks a few weeks ago.
First Blood is still my favorite but I'd put this one as runner-up.
Based on Sylvester's age I don't believe Rambo will be showing up again but he made six Rockys so anything is possible. What needs to happen now is somebody needs to make GI Joe vs. Cobra.....what? They are making it? And Transformers 2 in '09 as well? I think Robert is going to have a seizure.
I was talking to a high school student a few days ago and she said she had never heard of Rambo. What is wrong with this generation? (In her defense she wasn't even born when he was f-wording up the Soviets in 1988 with his Mujahedeen homies). John James Rambo is perhaps the greatest action hero character of all time. This is not up for debate. There will be no recount. I think my admiration has to do with I relate to him so well.
1. We are both mentally scarred by our environments. His- Nam. Mine- The Rock.2. We prefer simple living. His minimalism inspires me.
3. We both look pissed off most of the time. He has the 1000 yard stare. Mine is at 126 yards w/ two TDs, on four receptions.
4. We are both totally ripped beefcake mudderphutters. Him a tad more so.
5. We have the same middle name.
6. When we get pissed off it can be difficult to locate the OFF switch although I tend to not shoot up small towns in Washington or take out commie helicopters with a crossbow or eleven inch knive. I have enough bills so that tends to dissuade me from taking it to his level.
7. We both like Almond Joy over Mounds.
Hell, we are practically twins.
Twenty years after we last saw him, Rambo is chillin' in Thailand minding his own biz playing with snakes, yachting, snagging catfish Ted Nugent style, probably growing some herb and seeing what ten dollars can get a brother every now and then. So Team Jesus shows up and wants to thump their way into Burma which is kind of like the Compton of southeast Asia. Knowing they just want to brainwash the children and send them to camp in Colorado to play Hide The Pickle with the creepy camp director he says no but changes his mind when they trade him a case of coconut candy bars for a ride on his bowpicker.
Of course they get caught by Burmese TSA with a nail file and six ounces of shaving gel in their carry on and are sent to a different sort of camp where the general likes to play Hide The Pickle as well. Yuck.
Addicted to chocolate now after going two decades with even a Halloween-sized snack piece he figures he can get another box and maybe some Wild Turkey if he rescues them. He does. Kinda.
Maybe you've heard but Burma's government isn't too happy with Stallone's latest. The reason given was that the film lacked a hot chick. Throw Mama From The Train is also banned there but that is understandable.
Besides making a political statement, the gore is WAY beyond anything in the last three Rambos. It was so violent I thought it was a video game. I'd like to see the over/under on exploding heads. It has to be about 53 1/2. It is a complete bloodbath and totally makes up for sitting through Alvin and the Chipmunks a few weeks ago.
First Blood is still my favorite but I'd put this one as runner-up.
Based on Sylvester's age I don't believe Rambo will be showing up again but he made six Rockys so anything is possible. What needs to happen now is somebody needs to make GI Joe vs. Cobra.....what? They are making it? And Transformers 2 in '09 as well? I think Robert is going to have a seizure.