10.28.2007
Rock Rumors: El Chicano's
I saw Ana at WalMart and could have confirmed the following but once again I'm not a real journalist, I merely play one on KMXT. Word on the street is that El Chicano's has been sold to a local fisherman and will be remade into a large bar called The Highliner. Although this may be great news for the future Taco Bell I'm sad this Kodiak institution will be closing forever sometime in November. I recall it opening around 1982 on Mill Bay Road and have been eating License Plate Burritos ever since. Sometimes I get a #7. Anywho, El Chi's is added to the long list of disappearing businesses and although I can't pin this one on crab ratz or the war on terror it concerns me when something this successful for so long goes away. Hopefully the establishment replacing it will have decent grub and maybe a brass pole (wink).